17th September - 8th October 2014: Challenge ehealth Innovation Awards 2014
Held on 17th September, 2014
The ‘Challenge eHealth Innovation Awards’ sponsored by the Welsh Government aim to facilitate collaboration and reward new innovative ehealth solutions and applications in the field of Digital Healthcare.
What is the Challenge?
The ‘Challenge ehealth Innovation Awards’ will offer teams from Wales (Swansea) and Greenwich London a unique opportunity to work together to create new and innovative digital solutions - at their venues and virtually over telepresence.
The awards will offer an interactive atmosphere to stimulate and explore the opportunities for eHealth solutions. The event calls on delegates to team up and innovate new e health concepts and solutions to empower patients and healthcare professionals. During workshops teams will be encouraged to brainstorm ideas in categories which include: mhealth (mobile health), well being & lifestyle, Clinical Information systems & data and Telemedicine & Homecare.
Who can enter?
The competition (which is free to enter) and will be run over the NVI Network. The event is open to - students, start- ups, SMEs, healthcare professionals, clinicians including:
- IT , software developers
- eHealth, digital health professional
- Medical professionals, clinicians, NHS GPs
- Academics & researchers
- Patient groups
- Marketers, designers…..
In fact anyone with an interest in exploring the opportunities and challenges offered by ehealth/ digital health care innovation.
The event will include 2 workshops which will open up an opportunity for enthusiastic healthcare and technology professionals to work together, share ideas and create new innovative ehealth solutions.
Key dates for the Awards process: (double click the image below to download a larger version):
- Wednesday 17th September: Idea Generation Workshop - idea creation & team formation. Venues: London and Swansea.
- Wednesday 24th September: Project Development Day - teams will hone their concepts, build their implementation plans and work on their pitches. Venues: London and Swansea.
- Wednesday 8th October.: Pitches to the judging panel - a representative from each team will present their idea to a judging panel made up of ehealth experts.
- Wednesday 15th October: The winning team will be announced.
- £5,000 prize money to be used to help take the idea onto the next stage.
- Mentor support to the value of £3,000 (covering areas such as finance, funding, IP and Marketing).
- talkhealth are very proud to be supporting the Challenge ehealth Innovation Awards by providing the winning team an opportunity to survey the talkhealth community about the winning entrants idea etc, allowing immediate feedback. talkhealth is one of the UK’s leading health communities offering trusted information and support on a wide range of health conditions and topics. Uniquely it provides the NHS Choices monthly Online Clinic service, which is open for a week at time with experts available to answer any questions.
- Awards Process - key dates: View our step by step guide to the Awards Process
- What is ehealth?
The Welsh NVI Node is supported by the Welsh Government
Welsh Government sponsors of the Challenge ehealth Innovation Awards 2014
The event is further supported by:
Mentors that will be supporting the winning team:
Tags: ehealth, mhealth, mobile health, clinical information and data, telemedicine, homecare, well being, lifestyle, healthcare apps, innovation, collaboration, Swansea, Wales, Dundee, London, Greenwich, clinicians, healthcare professionals, patients, researchers, academics, students, NVI Network, Cisco National Virtual Incubator, NVI, NVI Wales,